Friday, May 26, 2006

Soft Silent Comfort

Such is life. There are soft silent comforts as well as other 'less quiet' times. Don't we need both as humans? I think so.

I haven't seen you in years. I call you to meet. You're amazed that I'm actually coming to town. We're both giddy with excitement and anticipation. I pick you up in the evening and we go to a park.

The sky is blue, the sun still out although falling, and the weather is nice, offering a slight breeze that sifts through the trees, emitting a gentle white noise that comforts us as if it were blanketing a baby during sleep.

We hug. We hold hands. We hug some more. We kiss. I can't believe I'm here. I can't believe you're standing here with me. We watch the ducks. I kiss your neck. Peace. Ducks come up to us but we have no bread, only smiles. Tranquility.

We talk about what all we've missed in each others' lives. Who is she? What is she like? Who is he? What is he like? How was school? How is work? I missed you. Deeply. We kiss passionately. We hug. We beam. Silence. I am amazed that after all these years I can still have a comfortable silence with you. I know by looking into your eyes you have the same thought running through that beautiful brain. Your brain is sexy to me. I've always told you that. Your body is icing on the cake. I take you into my arms and hold you tight. Peace, in my heart.

Our conversation begins again. We talk more about him. We talk more about her. You now understand why I'm here. Why are you here? Now I understand. I'm glad that out of millions of people in this world, I met you that one fateful day when my normal seat was taken. Thank you stranger, for taking my seat. I had no idea then that a simple happening like that could lead me to a lifelong friendship with such an amazing woman. A woman that reciprocates a silent comfort.

I kiss your neck and pull you close. You kiss me passionately and deeply, exploring my mouth and my mind with your tongue. I reciprocate now. You notice that I'm proverbially "happy" to see you and you comment on our last meeting. You tell me you enjoyed it but that you were inexperienced compared to now. I tell you I'm much better now as well. I ask if he pleases you. I'm amazed at the answer. Why are you with him? I know life isn't JUST about sex. But damn good sex can make life a lot easier to survive. We touch each other. We kiss more. We hug. Familiarity. Comfort.

By now the sun has set into darkness. The sound of bagpipes echoes across the water and after the music is over, fireworks are in the air. Great park, thank you for hosting our two person party. We enjoyed the time, but now I must return you home. Tight warm hugs. You always have a place in my heart. I hope to see you again soon. Peace.