Thursday, June 08, 2006

HNT - Ouchie! + Facial Hair bonus!




I recently had an alien removed from my back. Tomorrow I get the stitches out.

Yes, they had to slice me open to remove the alien.

Okay, so it wasn't an alien, but hey, its close. It was a cyst. It was not the animal type cyst that is so horrible because it lives off eating your flesh cells, and is what does so much damage to things like ovaries and brains,... but instead it was a vegetable based cyst. It was sortof like if you planted a potato in the soil. The potato grows little roots that gather the nutrients from the surrounding soil and that's how it survives. This was just like that - a vegetable cyst with little roots to gather nutrients. If you want to look it up in the medical journals, look up cystic pustulosis cysts or cebacious subepithelial cysts. In common terms, fatty, under-the-skin vegetables. Lovely, do you like my garden? Are you hungry now? Yuck! Okay, I'll stop. Anyway I figured I'd take a picture of the stitches that have been driving me nuts for days and will finally get removed tomorrow. Yay!

I realize that this may not be the type of HNT you were looking forward to. So, as a "sorry I had to put you through that gruesome nasty explanation above," here is a different shot.

Sure, the lighting is bad and I'm more smirking than smiling, but hey, give me a break. I'm new to the whole HNT thing. ;) You'll forgive me won't you?

Yep, I have a Van Dyke. It is not called a goatee. A goatee is just the part on the chin being hairy. If you have a moustache that combines with the goatee, it is termed a Van Dyke. So that's what I have - for now. I often do I guess what you could call, facial hair magic, having it one day and making it disappear by shaving it off the next, then *POOF* - growing it back again in another week. Mine grows pretty fast. Each time it grows back I tend to trim it in different ways. I do sortof fall back on this Van Dyke pattern though. It is one of my favorites along with what I call the sinister trio cut. I guess I'll have to show you that one in the near future,... maybe with better lighting. ;)