Wednesday, November 12, 2008

For the rest of my life

Two years ago on a chilly November 12th, 2006, we fell in love in a beautiful hotel room. The room had gold trimmed, soft, comfortable bedding, and out the window, gorgeous evergreens amidst trees that displayed the splendor of autumn leaves. It was truly a day that in all rights was naturally gorgeous.

But one particular element of that day singly stuck out as being the most beautiful, wonderful, and unequivocally delightful, graceful, and radiant I'd ever seen or even imagined. That element was you. You, in my arms, in love. Our love that day, I'm sure, set into motion not only a path for you and I, but absolutely must have had an effect on the entire world somehow. If a butterfly flapping its wings influences the world, then surely the creation of our love began some unprecedented wave of peace and tranquility in the world, somewhere.

And it was in that moment, lying in your arms, you in mine, that I gave myself completely to you, to anyone, for the first time. All my trust, my emotions, my heart, as I'd never given before. And it has proven to be the best thing in my life,... giving myself to you.

I know you've heard this song before. The lyrics and emotion of the song say a lot of what I feel.
(Coldplay - Fix You)

You are my light.

You are my light that guides me home...

You are the light that ignites my bones.

Anything bad could happen in this world and you save me.

You fix me... with even a smile.... with the way you look at me.

I want to live the rest of my life trying to give that feeling back to you.

I love you completely, unconditionally, with every fibre of my being.

I love you.